Beautiful September!
I cannot believe how absolutely perfect the weather has been! We have been spending as much time outside as we can. It is beautiful (even admist all the allergies). I love living right next to Riverdale park. It makes it especially nice since we don't have a yard. We just climb through the fence and head on down. I have read a couple books in the last week. I just let the boys play on the playground while I read. Thomas is finally good enough on the playground that I am not too worried about him falling off. William does try to get me to play with him, but yesterday William and Thomas played together on the playground. They chased each other and William would hide and then Thomas would try to find him. It gave me hope for the future that maybe someday they can really play together. (I write that as they are fighting in the other room! Ha)
We have had a good couple of weeks. Last weekend we took a quick trip up to Garden Valley. It was fun. It was just Mike's parents and us. We relaxed, watched football, ate good food, and visited. The boys did fairly well in the car and so that was a plus. Ryan came down this past weekend. They watched a lot of football, but I didn't mind since I had a good book to read! The Utah game was sad. Mike hasn't listened to talk radio, read online, or watched any sports center since. He doesn't want to hear anybody rubbing it in. We are hoping for better results this week since we are going to the game. Mike's family (his ENTIRE family) is having their little reunion this weekend. William is exctied to see his red-headed cousins :) I hope they are ready to play power rangers :) We are going to spend a few days in provo in a hotel with them and then my Mom and Dad are being so nice to let us stay in their house for a few days! Thanks mom and dad.
The treehouse in ogden has been closed for two weeks. That is one of our staples of sanity in my life, so without it, we have been searching for things to do. We have ended up going to the park a couple of times a day. Behavior is so much better when we are doing something (but it about kills me to get him- William- there!) We are doing a sticker chart and really working on a happy face, happy talking, and being nice. He is doing better.
Thomas is cute, but he cries a lot in the morning, until he takes his nap, and then he is happy. He's not sleeping well at night, which is probably why he is not happy in the mornings. Or maybe he is not a morning person, like me! He loves to be wrapped up tight in his blanket and he walks around with the blanket wrapped all around him. If it falls off then he comes running back for me to put it back on him. He's now addicted to bottles. whoops! He runs and jumps most of the day. I sometimes forget that he is a very active boy too because he falls in the shadows of William! He is coming out of his shell a little and will look at people when they talk to him. He learned to say "uh oh" the other day. (I know that babies usually learn that around 10 months, but we will take it!) He dropped a toy on the ground and then he looked at me and really slowly he said "uh oh." And then he smiled so big like he had finally said those sounds! He was proud of himself. Now I try to get him to say "uh oh" all day because I think it is so cute. I keep calling him Tommy and Mike keeps getting mad at me. He doesn't want him to be called Tommy, but I can't help it! When I look at that cute little face, I just want to call him Tommy boy!
I am doing well. I am happy with my life. I love our new couches. I love my kids. I love spending time with Mike. Things are pretty great!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment