Way back in February, my parents babysat the kids for the weekend and Mike and I headed to Salt Lake for a little weekend get-away. I know Salt Lake isn't a very exotic place to go...but we had fun anyways! We used a Marriott points to stay in a nice hotel downtown and since we are still Platinum Marriott members, we were upgraded to the concierge level. The room was really nice and the bathroom was all marble. We felt special. You even had to use a key card to access the concierge level :)
Friday we headed to Settebello...an AMAZING authentic Naples Italy pizza place that we discovered in Las Vegas and found out they also had a restaurant in SLC. I LOVE this place and Begged Mike to take me there. Here I am enjoying some authentic Strawberry Gelato.
Right outside the hotel was the ice skating rink. We didn't go ice-skating, but we did have fun watching the people out of our window on the eleventh floor.
Mike wanted to document SLC's pretty pathetic attempt at OCCUPY. You can see the few tents in the distance. Also, that is CBS news building and we randomly were in the background of the 10:00 news. Funny.
The Gallivan Plaza all lit up at night (view from our room)
On Saturday we ate at olive garden and went to the planetarium. Here is mike walking on Mars. We saw "violent universe" while at the planetarium and it basically was an hour long show telling you all of the hundreds of way you could die from the universe (like being hit by a comet...) It was a very comforting show :)
Here I am with some random kids walking on the moon.
We checked our some of the shops and while in Dick's Sporting Goods, Mike said he was going to OCCUPY Dick's instead of OCCUPY wall street....so here he is camping out in protest of something :)
It was such a fun weekend. I love being with Mike. He is my best friend and the number one person I would choose to hang out with. Thanks mom and dad for taking the kids for a few days :)









1 comment:
So fun! I'm glad you got a weekend away to relax. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment