Friday, December 6, 2013

Chicago

Chic in the ca the ca won't go...that's how you spell Chicago. I was singing that all day on our trip!  We had quite the adventure getting to Chicago. We took Trax/Frontrunner to the airport, then the airplane ride (which went perfect) and then we rented a car.  We figured we only needed a boat ride to make it complete!





The boys were so great traveling.  They did better than I could have ever hoped.  When we got there to pick up our rental car, we looked back and Thomas didn't have a shirt on.  Of course we were like, "Thomas, where is your shirt?"  He said it go wet so he took it off.  After a few minutes of searching, we found his shirt in the middle of the parking garage.  Awesome!



Our hotel was nice (*cough cough...not), but it was right downtown and so I walked down the street at 9 pm and got  us some deep dish pizza.  I was not a huge fan, but Mike and THomas liked it. 


The next day we woke up and headed out for a day of sightseeing. This was my first time to Chicago.  We took a double decker bus ride and saw it all.  We were also riding the bus when our phones all buzzed alarming us of tornado warnings.  Again, Awesome.












This was me demonstrating that it is not named, "The windy city" For nothing.





This is us at the top of the John Hancock building.  It was WAaaaY up there!














 Guiliana and Bill Rancic Chicago home.  Yes, I may be obsessed, and yes, I did stalker search their address and track down their house just to take a pic!




Overall we had a great time in Chicago.  I got really sick that night (strep throat!), but luckily we were still able to enjoy our day in Chicago.  Off to see our sisters!

No comments: