Yummy Pizza at Disneyland
Cute Thomas sitting in the big chair.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Oh so fun
What a fabulouso weekend we had! We left on friday morning and drove straight to the beach. It was overcast and chilly, but so fun. William was brave enough to splash in the water and run from the waves. It was so cute to watch him. As I was sitting on the beach holding Thomas asleep in my arms and feeling the warm sand under my feet, I couldn't help but feel so blessed. William's little legs were running a million miles an hour to beat the wave and he was squealing with delight. I even got a little teary eyed sitting there and being so grateful for two healthy boys and the best husband who takes us to do fun things! After the beach we went back to the hotel and the boys and I went to bed (what is a better vacation than a 8:30 bedtime, I LOVED IT). MIke went to the Angels game with his friend Nate who lives down there. I think they had fun. About 9:30, just when I was in a deep, deep sleep I heard what sounded like someone kicking our door. I thought some annoying little kid was kicking our door. I got up and was ready to yell at some kid and there was no one there. Then I realized I was hearing the fireworks at disneyland and I got excited because in the morning, Yes, we were going to disneyland. We had the most fabulous time. It was a perfect day with perfectly pleasant weather and it wasn't even crowded! The new wonder of colors show was fantastic. William and Thomas both fell asleep during it, but mike and I were amazed. It was fun to look around during the show and see everyone in the crowds faces (I am such a people watcher). Everyone from grumpy old men to little kids had wide eyes and smiles on their faces. Disney can bring out some magical feelings and during the show I smiled, laughed, cried (they showed simba snuggling up to his dead dad, that always makes me cry) and got the chills. It was sooo good. Mike bought William his balloon. He asked for one the entire day and we couldn't convince him to get anything else. He only wanted the balloon. On sunday we stopped in at the Disneyland ward, ok, I think it was like the anaheim 4th ward, but if you are located blocks from disneyland, I think you should be called the disneyland ward. Then we drove home. It was a short and sweet trip. I hope we make it back to cali one more time before we leave vegas. You just can't beat a 3 1/2 hour drive and free disney tickets because of my disney rewards card!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds so fun! thanks for the pix messages while you were there too! Also, thanks for posting cute pictures and keeping my computer background new and fresh! haha, yes thomas frequently gets placed as my background. he's just too cute!!! i love you guys and miss you!!!!
What a fun trip! I'm glad you got to take the weekend off. I love the picture of Thomas in the chair- so cute!
That trip sounded AWESOME! Mike, you should have gone to Long Beach 16th!
Post a Comment