Wednesday, February 15, 2012

William's first cavities

Nobody warned me before I became a parent that teeth and cavities would be stressful.  I never even thought," hmm...I bet it will be a big deal to brush and floss my kids teeth and if I don't, it will be all my fault that they have to be sedated at the dentist to get 3 cavities filled and a cap put on."  I am such a horrible mother!  Ok, maybe not horrible, but let's face it...I can't even remember to floss my own teeth, let alone fight a strong-willed 4 year old to floss his teeth.  So, alas, to the dentist we went and a few hundred dollars later and anxiety from me waiting in the waiting room (they dont' let parents go back!) William's teeth are good to go...at least until we go to the dentist in 6 months.  

As William came out of the sedation, he was a little freaky looking.  His pupils were tiny and his eyes were darting all over the place.  It was kind of funny (hence the fact Mike insisted on taking pictures) but mostly it was freaky.  Mike was so nice to come over on his lunch break to sit with me so that I wouldn't run back like a maniac mother and demand to sit with my child.  William actually did awesome and the dentist is really nice. Overall, it went better than I anticipated it would. 
The Dentist gave him this cute frog for being a good boy.

"I'm trying to smile for you DAD, but everything seems kind of weird right now!"

The "darty" eyes

No comments: