I have not been in the writing mode lately. I haven't written forever. Here is a very long overdue update on us! (p.s. most of our pictures recently are on mike's phone and we haven't figured out how to transfer them to the computer yet, so you will have to read about us instead!)
MIKE - Plays in a basketball league in Layton. He is the tallest player on his team. I went to his game on my birthday and told him that his number one goal was to not lose his temper (he doesn't lose his temper very often). He got a very un-deserved technical foul within the first 10 seconds of the game (he slapped the ball). I laughed so hard that I could hardly breath. He thinks it might be the first technical foul he has ever gotten.
- Just got called to be the "EQP2C" which according to Mike means the Elder's Quorum Presidency 2nd Counsler. He will do great. He is over Service and is excited to serve.
- Still enjoys his job but just got a new client who is giving him some trouble, but he will rein 'em in soon, I'm sure! He is a loyal employee and has been getting great reviews. So proud of him!
- Could possibly be the best Dad ever because he is a master at mario bros. He and William play and play and discuss strategy. It is pretty cute. At bedtime, he always tells William stories as if Mike and William were characters on Mario Brothers and they have to help save princess peach. He is a good dad.
- He brought me flowers last week. I love fresh flowers, especially in the winter when you don't get outside much. I am enjoying them thoroughly. He is a great husband!
JUDI - I tried out for our Stake Relief Society Play titled "The Ten Virgins." I have been cast as one of the narrators. I am really excited. It is stretching my comfort zone, but I love stretching my comfort zone. It is a beautiful play with a great message. I have to memorize like 9 long paragraphs. I hope I can do it. I also get to sing the end song with all the other characters (it is a musical) so I feel special like I am good at singing. Ha! They will probably turn off my mic :)
My stomach is slowly, slowly feeling better which means I have been eating like a wild indian. For the past month while my stomach has been sick, I basically would only eat dinner, so now I am making up for lost ground :) I thought for awhile it might have been my gallbladder, but I think it must have just been a terrible stomach flu.
- I had a good birthday. My actual birthday was uneventful. My stomach felt terrible that day and I sat on the couch most of the day. That night I ruined the first cake and had to make a second cake, but I didnt' even eat a piece (stomach again). But we really celebrated my birthday on Saturday when we went to the BYU game while Mom and Dad watched the boys. We doubled with Ryan and his friend. We went to Brick Oven. It was yummy. Cosmo was there picking up a pizza. I thought that was funny. We got a cool picture of him. The game was fun except that they lost and the crowd was out of control! We did get to see J.B. and parley and Joni and her family there, so that was fun.
- I am really enjoying my boys. Life is getting pretty dang easy. Thomas turns two next week. My life is pretty fantastic right now and I won't complain.
WILLIAM -Thanks to letter factory he finally knows all of his letters and the sounds that they make. (I could never get him interested to learn before now :)
-He is better than me at Mario Bros and Angry Birds. -He wakes up in the night complaining that his legs, knees, and ankles hurt really bad. I assume it is growing pains and i rub them for what seems like an hour and he finally goes back to sleep.
- Although he still gets in his crazy moods, he is way calmer than he used to be. He is an excellent listener and obedient in primary and his preschool. His time being in trouble has gone WAY down. He is a good little boy. He is always so happy to see Thomas and play with Thomas.
- He got to take a trip to the ER last Saturday. As we were coming home from the BYU game, Mom called to tell us that William was really sick with croup. By the time we got home, William could barely breath and had scared mom half to death. Mom even called stalee up because she didn't know if they would need to run to the hospital. Well, we watched him and I decided to try to make it through the night. About 3 a.m. he woke up not being able to breath again. He was also burning up. I took his temp and it said 104.9. We decided it was time to go the ER. Mike gave him a quick blessing and I wrapped him in a blanket and put him next to me in the front seat and drove to the ER. When we got in there they took his oxygen level and it was at 85, which I guess is pretty low. They immediately hooked him up to oxygen and then they gave him a breathing treatment and a steriod. After a few hours in the hospital, his fever went way down and he started breathing better. We went home and I zonked in bed, but since William had a steriod, he stayed awake until about 2 that afternoon. I said that the hospital should also give the mom a steriod so that she can have endless energy too! Anyways, William and Thomas ended up being sick for most of the week, but they are feeling better now.
-Overall William is a good little boy. I am still trying to figure out his "owners manual" and what makes him tick. He is a hard cookie to crack. I pray everyday to know how to help him and handle him and encourage him. I love him so much. I still call him my "baby cakes" which he hates...since he is definitely not a baby :)
THOMAS - I can't believe he is almost 2! He is cute as a button and has a heart as soft as butter. All you have to say is "Thomas, no!" and he turns to tears as if you have wounded his very soul.
- He loves to play ball. He wants to play catch and shoot the ball in the hope most of the day. Stalee let him borrow one of her girls strollers because he thought it was a big "car" and a place to carry his balls. He takes it everywhere and when we are in the van, he has to hold the stroller on his lap.
- He LOVES team umizoomi. He calls it "Bot" since that is the name of the main character. He tries to sing the songs and it is adorable. He can say around 30 words now and is slowly being able to communicate with me.
- If I am not paying attention to him he will get right in my face until I look at him and then he will give me a 5-second long kiss. It is funny and cute. He is the best 2-year old kisser I have ever seen and I love it! - He is a good eater! I love that! He is only picky about a few things (he doesn't like jello :)
- I love my Thomas boy!
OVERALL Things have been normal around here lately. We have done some fun things like going bowling and sledding and watching lots of movies, but for the most part, we have had a slow, normal january/february and we have enjoyed it!
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what is letter factory? Is it a t v show?
to get the pictures off his phone, just have him send them in a text message to his email, and then download them there onto the computer. thats what i have to do sometimes with my phone, it might help :)
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment