Today is our 3 year anniversary. It is hard to imagine that it has been three years since that magical day when Mike and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple, but believe it or not, it has.
"Our love story" begins closer to 4 years ago in my sophmore year at BYU. I had a new testament class followed by a computer science class. One day as I was walking out of New Testament, I noticed a tall, stong, good-looking guy in front of me who I thought looked like a football player because of his thick neck. I walked behind him and followed him, interested to see where his next class was. He kept walking the same direction I was walking and I almost fainted when I saw that he was in my next class of only 3o people. How had I not noticed him until this day, I don't know, but I sat next to him. I again almost fainted when he turned to me and said, "Hi, I think you are in my last class." I acted all innocent like I hadn't noticed and said, "Oh really? Do you have new testament before this." He asked me my name and that was about it, but I went home and told my roommates that this cute TALL boy had asked me my name. A couple of class periods later he asked me if I wanted to study for an upcoming test. I really perfer to study alone, but agreed to study because I figured he didn't really want to "study." I went to his apartment that night and was SO NERVOUS. I kept trying to talk to him and chat, but he kept trying to study. Come to find out, he really did want to study. HA! A couple of days later he asked me on a date. We went to Los Hermanos and I was so nervous I drank about 10 galloons of water and ended up having to ask him to stop a couple of times on the way home so that I could use the restroom. We hung out the next night and the next weekend and every night after that. Dating at BYU was a blast and I quickly fell in love with him. Lucky for me, he fell in love with me too. We got engaged on Feb. 9th. (Mike is so cute. He had the ring on the 9th and was so excited to give it to me, he couldn't wait until Feb. 14th, valentines day, to give it to me and ended up proposing the same day he got the ring. Oh I love how cute that is!) If I thought dating at BYU was exciting, being engaged was even better. We spent every minute we could together, sometimes we were late to class because we couldn't stand to be apart. I am sure our roommates hated us, but we only had eyes for each other. Saying good night was awful. I hated leaving him. We made it through the semester (and didn't fail any classes!) and we were married on May 20, 2006. Our wedding day was magical. It was hot and sunny and I was calm and excited to marry Mike. We had a great ceremony and then a fantastic family dinner at the lion house. We then had an awesome honeymoon to southern california.
I remember thinking on our Wedding Day, "I love Mike so much right now, there is now way thatou our love could grow more, it is at the highest level already." Boy was I wrong. My love has intensified. In three short years I have come to love Mike more that I thought was possible. It is amazing the closeness you feel with somewhen when you share everything, the happy times, the sad times, the sick times, the fun times, and the near death experiences (like having a baby, ok, so maybe I wasn't near death, but it was quite the experience nonetheless.) I can't wait for the future to see how far my love will be able to grow until we are as old, and as in love, as President Hinckley and his wife!
Here is my "Ode to Michael, my Love"
Mike is so kind. He ALWAYS looks for the best in people first. He is selfless and serves me NON-STOP, always putting my needs first. He saves up his money secretly and buys me meaningful and precious gifts. He tells me MULTIPLE times a day how beautiful I am (even when I have just woken up) He makes me laugh until my sides hurt. We compete and bet on everything (for example, who will win AMERICAN IDOL) and somehow, even when I don't "technically" win, I end up winning. He works hard every day. He plays with William and is William's best friend. William and I fight for Mike's attention! He listens and he CARES about what I say. He still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks in the room, all dressed up nice for work with cologne on and a smile on his face.
I know some people who don't like blogging because they feel like people are all fake on blogs and only tell the good stuff of life. Well I am here to say that in my marriage, there is nothing to tell besides good stuff, because I just may as well be the HAPPIEST MARRIED women in the world.
I love you Mike. You still make my heart melt and you make me HAPPY!
I love you Mike. You still make my heart melt and you make me HAPPY!
9 comments:
What a sweet post, I really enjoyed reading that. I'm so happy you guys are so happy together, it really shows. :) Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you two!!!! I can't believe it has been three years!!!! I'm glad that my brother is treating you right! Happy Anniversary!!!! :)
That was such a ROMANTIC post, I loved it. Congrats on 3 years!
this is adorable:) Happy Anniversary!!! So sweet,
That's so sweet... what a cute story! Happy Anniversary
Aww, Judi! That was such a cute post! Congrats on your 3 years! I truly can't believe it has been that long either. I remember Nick and I had dated FOREVER and we picked out a day and everything and had the temple reserved probably a month or more in advanced before we actually got engaged. Then I found out on the day that I knew we were going to get engaged that night that you had gotten engaged the night before and you were planning on getting married the next day. I couldn't believe it! So, we got engaged a day apart and married a day apart. It was a magical week of marriage that's for sure! I'm glad that you and Mike are still so in love. It's awesome that after 3 years we can still love our husbands so much! (And, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only girl who tries to get her husband's attention all the time...although I usually compete with the tv or something else.)
I really loved your post and I'm so happy that you are so happy! We sure love you guys!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We love you guys. Love your family in Garden Valley.
Happy Anniversary - you guys are a great family!
So sweet!! You and Mike are definitely perfect for each other. I'm so glad you found one another! Plus, I think seeing you go through that whole process Sophomore year made me brave enough to go through it Junior year. You're amazing, Judi. I look up to you so much and it was so good to get together again and catch up.
Post a Comment