Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cake Decorating



My ward had their relief society birthday party last night. They had people bring a cake from each month of the year to celebrate the birthdays. In an attempt to fit in and get to know more people, I signed up to make the "Feb." birthday cake. I have a heart shaped cake pan that Rindi, my sister, gave me. In my head I imagined the cutest heart shaped cake all decorated like Valentine's Day to represent February. Why is life always better in my head? Well I made my cake and let's just say, it wasn't quite as cute as I imagined it would be. I always pretend that I am artistic, but when it comes right down to it...I am, well...not. Ha ha. The best part is that the piece that is missing from the cake is the piece that I ate!!! I guess it didn't look appealing to others at the party :) When I got home, Mike was trying to be encouraging by saying, "Look, someone ate a piece". He couldn't stop laughing when I told him that I was the one that had eaten it.

Maybe next time I will sign up to bring soup :)


5 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so funny, Judi! I love how you said that life is always better in your head... it's the same way for me too!

Em Russ said...

Judi you are cracking me up! I love it. You're so sweet and I love this story. I especially love that you and Mike had a good laugh over it. I personally think that everyone just thought your cake looked too good to cut! I think it's cute and I am proud of you for making the effort!

Lisa Michelle said...

I love it, Judi!! And trust me, you are speaking to a certified Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 graduate. If you don't believe me, I posted a picture of me with my certificate. http://lisaandbryan.blogspot.com/

p.s. I agree with em russ. Looked too good to cut! You are amazing, Judi!

Michael B said...

I'm laughing right along with Mike... I would have had a piece :)

jarednleah said...

Oh, I like your cake and I would have eaten a piece too. This is Leah Call (Jared and mike are cousins) I just found your blog from Christian's blog so I wanted to say hello. We have a family blog also it is: http://alltheworldneedsisalittlemoresunshine.blogspot.com/