Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Living life to the "Fullest"


As I got in the car last night to go to my rec volleyball game, I causally glanced down to see how much gas the car had. It was on "F" indicating that Mike must have recently filled up the tank. I started to think of the last time I saw the gas tank below half full, and I couldn't remember. My mom and dad use to always tell me to fill up the gas when there was half a tank, that way if there was ever an emergency, I would be able to have enough gas to drive home. I thought this was great advice, but I never put it to action. I often found myself so low on gas that I would have to pray that I wouldn't run out. I was lazy and unprepared and then....along came prince charming. I now live with someone who always lives life to the "fullest." There is always gas in the car and I never worry or even think about filling up the gas tank. Mike has been such a blessing in my life. Not just because he keeps a nice car and has been able to fix our washing machine multiple times, but because he lives life to the "fullest" in ever way. Because all of the grandkids on my side and mike's side LOVE and I mean LOVE to play with Mike, people always comment that "Everyone Loves Mike!" Well, I love Mike too! I think he is fun, charming, handsome, prepared, spiritual, loving, the best dad, and the best husband! It is a dang good thing that I am married to Mike because if he was married to somebody else, I would have to sin by envying somebody else's husband! This has probably made Mike embarrased, but I don't care because as my favorite song from rascal flatts says "I want to stand on a roof top, climb up a mountain top baby scream and shout, I want to sing it on the radio, put it on a video, baby let it out, I want the whole world to know...I wanna love you out loud!"


I love you Michael J.


5 comments:

Rindi said...

Judi, you guys are so blessed to have each other! I am so happy for you. Don't ever stop writing about stuff like this. It is so great to read...and the only things that we will ever remember in this life are the things that are written down, I'm sure. Mike is such a great guy, and I am so thankful that he makes you so happy! He is a great example to everyone and so very, very kind. I couldn't think of two more perfect people!!! I love you both!

Tami said...

Judi, You really are lucky. Mike sounds like the perfect guy for you. Every time I see you guys you seem SO happy and SO in love. Mike got lucky to have you too. You guys are so cute together!

Michael B said...

Wow! what an impressive and thoughtful husband. My parents always told me not to let the tank get below half full too! Way to go Mike!

jsfeatherstone said...

Judi, that is the cutest tribute to your husband. I loved looking at the pictures of Will today. You are the cutest mom. I felt the same way as you did the first time I went to the grocery store....what a nightmare! You are such a great mom. Thanks for coming to Mitch's reception.

Krystal said...

Cute post Judi! The more places I live the more I realize how lucky it is to have a husband that loves you, and I would say you definitely do.

I got your blog from Natalie, I hope you don't mind. Ours is akswanfamily.blogspot.com