Lately I have been thinking about the title of this post, "What makes you a fan?" Over the years I have become a "fan" of many different teams in many different sports. I have realized that becoming a fan of something usually happens because
a. Your family or relatives are fans
b. You attended a game of that team and liked what you saw
c. The team does well and you jump on the bandwagon
d. It is the closest team to you and so you cheer for them
e. You like the uniforms, mascot, or location of the team
I own a yankee's hat and people always ask me, "are you a yankee's fan?" I usually respond by saying, "well, I went to a yankee's game and sat right behind home plate, so I bought this hat and now I wear it all the time, so yeah, I guess I am a fan."
I have come to the conclusion that becoming a fan of a team is as simple as saying, "I'm a fan."
And so...I now declare that I AM a Yankee's fan because I attended a game in NY.
I am a Angels fan because I have been to two games and I like their uniforms :)
I am a Jazz fan because they are in my home state
I am a Oregon fan because I like there uniforms and I think they are lucky!
I am a Rutgers fan because they have a cool name
I am a BYU fan becasue of family tradition and attending the school
Which teams are you a fan of and why did you originally start to become a fan?
5 comments:
I am a fan of Judi because i think that she is really HOT! (how is that for a good reason ;)
ALSO-
BYU - I want to go to heaven
Oakland A's - I grew up going to A's games, and i love the colors
Utah Jazz, cause sports radio in utah would be really boring if you weren't a Jazz fan
And anyone who plays Utah.
I wish I could say I am a fan of sports but I'm really not that big into sports and stuff... Granted, I watch Jazz games when they go into the playoffs and stuff. That's about it. I am, however, a fan of the Antelope Soccer team (that's the soccer team that Nick, Casey, Andy, and others are on...)
Judes, that website I was telling you about for the templates is matiekay.blogspot.com
Judi,
I wanted to stop by and see cute pictures of your cute family. I am a Yankee's fan. I like Derek Jeter...I think William look cuter in his uniform. I love picking a team in the baseball playoffs and cheering for them. And of course I love BYU!!
Judi-
I'm a Yankee fan because of the same reason as you, and it makes people mad.
BYU- cause the cougies are the best!
Jazz- utah, come on
For some reason I like Duke, maybe it's the name, color or I don't know I like 'em.
Noter Dame, how could you like leprechauns without liking ND?
Though I do have to admit that BYU teams are the only teams I'll actually sit and watch the games...every other team doesn't seem to have eternal importance :)
-Millie
What an interesting post--what DOES make a fan? I am definitely a fan of BYU, but other than that, I would say:
- The San Jose Giants, because they can use all the fans they can get.
- The Braves, because I went to a game and my sister and I had a crush on Javy Lopez
- The Dodgers, because my brothers are fans.
- Judi Coburn, not for the same reasons as Mike, but I am a fan, nonetheless. :)
Post a Comment