Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where has all the time gone...

I feel as though these past two weeks have completely flown by. Here is a brief update on what the Coburn Clan has been doing for the past little while.

Traveling! We took a weekend trip to Boise to attend Mike's uncle and cousins funeral. It was very sad, but also a wonderful funeral and tribute to their lives. The spirit was amazing and we were all uplifted at this terrible time. My testimony of the comforting power of the spirit has been immensely increased. We also enjoyed seeing cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma's, brothers, sisters, and of course our cute neice Hallie!

Swimming! Summer is here and my mom's pool is open and let the swimming begin. William loves to swim as long as it isn't too cold.

Food! William is FINALLY six months and so we have started him on solid foods. He mostly hates all the food. The only thing that I can find that he tolerates is sweet potatoes, pears, and a little applesauce. If it has texture at all, watch out. He may convulse...


Shots! William had his six month appointment. He is 17 1/2 pounds (50th percentile) and 28 1/2 inches tall (off the charts). He is a lean mean punchin' machine. The doctor even commented that he should be a kick boxer since he is so active :) He literaly never holds still, even while sleeping. Of couse he hated the shots and cried really hard, but who wouldn't! Ouch.

Golf! For our date this last weekend, Mike and I went golfing. (Thanks lisa and alison for babysitting.) I love to golf. It is always so pretty and quiet and you get to drive a cool little golf cart. There is only one problem. I am HORRIBLE. I swing and miss, swing and miss, and SWING and MISS! Mike was very patient and helped me time after time. By the last hole I finally got a good drive. My goal is to get good enough that I can justify buying a really cute golfing outfit..hehe :) Mike is amazing at golf, of course!

Overall we have had a fun, busy, fast two weeks and we are absolutely loving life, loving William, and loving Summer!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! I can't believe your baby is already 6 months old! William is adorable!It feels like we were just in Provo but I guess we have been here for a year now (times flies). Looks like life is treating you guys very well! :)