Monday, April 28, 2008

Graduation





We have had a wonderful weekend. Mike took Thursday and Friday off of work and we headed to Provo early Thursday morning. We were planning on having a picnic at the duck pond, but since it was snowing, we opted to eat in the cougar eat. We walked around campus a little, but since it was freezing, we headed over to drop William off to be baby sat by his sister Alison. Mike and I got dressed in our cap and gowns and went to walk in the processional at the Marriot Center. Elder Bednar (sp?) came and spoke and it was a great day. Friday we ate lunch at Legend’s Grill and then headed over to the Smith Fieldhouse. Mike was nice enough to come and graduate in my graduation, which might have been a mistake because I think my graduation was the LONGEST graduation in the history of the earth. By the last speech, I was at the “end of my rope” to say the least. I contemplated standing up, throwing my hat in the air, and yelling at the top of my lungs….”I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” I now know why they can never get Jack (is that his name) on 24 to speak, they haven’t tortured him enough. Put him in a cap and gown and tell him to sit still and have extremely boring speakers and then he would spill all the beans! But besides the boring speakers, we had a wonderful time. I kept getting so choked up the whole time thinking of what Mike and I had accomplished and thinking of our great parents who helped us so much and how my whole life has been changed because of BYU and then they gave a honorary diploma to the wife of a boy who died in November who was supposed to graduate with us. I lost it. I felt so sad for that poor wife who couldn’t have been married to her husband for more than a year or so. My heart goes out to her. William looked so cute in his little suit. Oh, I love that little kid! We stayed over night again and Mike’s sister got engaged on Saturday so we stayed and celebrated with her. Over all we had a wonderful time and are so thankful that we are graduated and thankful for everyone who helped us accomplish that.


William had long days and little naps!
Messing around in the hotel
Riding the luggage rack
Us and our parents
My Parents
Dad and Babe
The graduating couple
Notice the "Y" in the background
The Cougar and Stadium


I made his little suit. It was quite the difficult project, but he looked really cute when I was done.
Our Reflection...


Mom and Babe




5 comments:

Krystal said...

Way to go guys! That's a huge accomplishment. And I LOVE William's little graduation outfit, so cute!

Rachel said...

Your pictures are SO CUTE!! I'm so bummed I didn't get to see y'all. But, you looked fabulous and I'm so excited for you both! ps- still loving the hair!

Anonymous said...

Mike you look like a really smart person with the white sash hanging around your neck. Good Job!!!!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Congrats to both of you! I can't believe you made that little graduation cap and gown for william! that is sooo cute! You guys are a great couple.

StampingBetty said...

SweeT photos!