So this morning William was getting restless at about 5:00. I thought I would seize the opportunity to show my loving husband skills and I got up to take care of him. He was crying and Judi said he was probably hungry so I said go ahead and feed him and then I will take him for an hour so she could sleep. Well he was fed and then we were on our way. Guys morning out. We were going to take the opportunity to watch the BYU / UNLV game that I had on TIVO, but when I saw the score was 32 to 8, we switched over to “CON-AIR” which I had recorded a couple of days back. This is not the point of the story. Although I must say that CONAIR was a good movie, just make sure you watch it on TNT or some other censored channel.
The point is, as I was holding William, I noticed that his back had a big wet spot, right above the diaper. I had been warned that kids leak, and even explode sometimes. But I didn’t think I would experience it myself. I didn’t know what to do. William was soaked and it was transferring over to my shirt. So I didn’t the only thing I could think of…YES, I CHANGED HIS DIAPER, ALL BY MYSELF. That’s right. Put a notch on the barrel for me. I have my first diaper under my belt. I don’t know how well I did; I figure that since it stayed on and didn’t fall off I must have gotten the job done. I also managed the feat with only three wipes. Not bad for the first time. I am also happy to report that following the diaper change William stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms. Yes, I am a good father. - MIKE
The point is, as I was holding William, I noticed that his back had a big wet spot, right above the diaper. I had been warned that kids leak, and even explode sometimes. But I didn’t think I would experience it myself. I didn’t know what to do. William was soaked and it was transferring over to my shirt. So I didn’t the only thing I could think of…YES, I CHANGED HIS DIAPER, ALL BY MYSELF. That’s right. Put a notch on the barrel for me. I have my first diaper under my belt. I don’t know how well I did; I figure that since it stayed on and didn’t fall off I must have gotten the job done. I also managed the feat with only three wipes. Not bad for the first time. I am also happy to report that following the diaper change William stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms. Yes, I am a good father. - MIKE
6 comments:
Excellently done Mike! I'm glad you caught the problem before it had leaked out entirely onto your shirt. Three wipes is not bad at all either!
Mike let me tell you what Clint would have done. He would have used a million wipe so that there is no chance that it would get on him. I love Clint, but he just doesn't do well at new baby diapers. I am impressed that you did it and that you didn't wake Judi up. What a great husband to care for Judi and William so well.
Good job Mike.
Benson is 4 months old, and Casey has only changed 1 messy diaper and I was sitting there helping him out. And, he was gagging. So good job!! I am very impressed! What a lucky girl Judi is.
Wait a minute, hold the phone, hold the phone, Will is almost a month old adn this is your first diaper change? What is the world coming to? Good job for the one you did change but cmon, a whole month?..lol I hope you are "blessed" with twins. hehe
Dan
Mike,
We just love you. You are so wonderful. I wish you and Judi (and of course William) still lived in an house connected to ours. Great Job on the diaper change...Kyle would have called it a two man (or one mom) job!
Sunee
Nice blog and good work on changing the diaper! How the heck are you guys? Looks like life is good...
Post a Comment