Sunday, January 27, 2008

A good life!

This has been a really good week. After working very hard for many days, I feel like I have gotten most of the boxes unpacked and things in order. I really like my apartment. It has felt like “home” faster than any apartment I have lived in and I think it is because I recognize the furniture! (thanks again mom and dad). I thought it was cute when we were moving in and J.B. said that my kids will love watching T.V. from under the octagon table. I thought it was so special that we had so many memories with that table and now I get to have it. It brings comfort every time I look at it.

I had a very wonderful birthday! Thank you all for your kind words, they brought tears to my eyes. On Friday, Mike was able to go play basketball with J.B.’s team as a substitute. He really loved that. He hasn’t been able to play basketball for a long time and has really missed it. Our new ward has a team and he is excited to play with them. On the way to J.B.’s game, I asked Mike if he was a little nervous. He said he wasn’t that nervous, but anxious because he hadn’t played for so long. I told him that if all else fails, pass it to J.B. and that is so true. J.B. is still an amazing player. Mike did really good to and blocked a ton of shots and got some good rebounds and a couple of shots! Go Mike! Mom and Stalee and her family and Laura and the boys were all at the game. It was so fun to watch them play all together. After the game, Mike’s mom (she came into town Friday afternoon) watched William so that we could go on a little date for my birthday. We went to Applebees and got desert. It was really fun to spend time with Mike alone, but while we were gone, we both commented that we missed William and wanted to hurry home to him. He has stolen our hearts.

On Saturday we went to Provo. I got together with my old roommates. I hoped that they wouldn’t even remember that it was my birthday, but when I got there, they had invited a bunch of old friends and made a cake and had candles and the whole she-bang! I have such nice friends. Then we went to the BYU basketball game and after that Mike’s mom took us out to Los Hermanos. It was a really fun birthday and I feel so loved.

We went to our new ward today and it went pretty good. Lots of people talked to us and welcomed us to the ward. I was so glad that they were friendly. There are not as many young people as I had hoped for, but I think it will still be a fun and good ward. We had Mike’s family over for Sunday dinner. I made dinner for 7 people! We had real mashed potatoes and roasted chicken and corn and biscuits and salad…I am so proud of myself!! Plus it was all ready together and hot J I am a real stay-at-home mom now! Life is good and we are happy.

Any advice on how to get William to sleep by himself would be MUCH appreciated.

Love, Judi, William, Michael

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

What a cute post! It's so fun that you are blogging! I also remember that octagon table... It's been a barbie house/hotel for me more times than I can remember! Happy late birthday too! I'm glad you're feeling settled and like your new apartment. And way to go on the dinner! That is impressive!

Michael B said...

Happy Late Birthday Judi! We should do something, sometime, in the somewhere future, or something like that... I mean Layton's not too far away, right?

Natalie said...

I love to read about your lives. I'm glad that everything is going well with the move. I do have some advice on how to get William to sleep by himself. A crib mobile. (I don't know if it would work since he doesn't sleep on his back). My mother in law gave Benson one for Christmas, and now for his naps, he just watches it until he falls asleep.

Natalie said...

Judi,
I have a couple more suggestions for you (not that I am an expert or anything), but I've found that Benson will sleep in my arms just fine at any state, but he won't sleep in his crib unless he's wrapped up in a blanket and fed to oblivion. I guess when he sleeps, he moves and startles himself, so when he's wrapped up tight, he can't really move to do that. Also, before he goes to bed I let him nurse until I can't handle it anymore and even sometimes he gets a couple of ounces of formula after that... just to make sure he's nice and full so that he'll sleep better.
Hope this helps. Keep us posted. And sometime we all need to hang out.
Natalie

Michael B said...

Judy, you are the nicest person!

Annie Beckstead